Please select a year.
Free Access to Valuable Databases
FREE ACCESS TO VALUABLE DATABASES
The Sussex County Library subscribes to fifteen online databases covering a wide-range of topics and interest, and all are available for free. Almost all of the databases are accessible from outside of the library - from any computer that has internet access. To use the databases from outside of the library, you will need a Sussex County Library card - but if you work, live, or go to school in Sussex County, a library card is free (Sparta residents are excluded).
Here is a brief overview of some of the databases:
- Chilton's Auto Repair Manuals – This is a great resource for any person looking for repair information on cars from 1954 to the present!
- Ancestry.com – Hosts the largest collection of family history records on the web. Learn details about your family's lives and build a family tree online.
- Heritage Quest – Complete set of U.S. Federal Census records from 1790-1930 and over 25,000 family and local histories.
- Prices for Antiques – One of the web's best sources for learning about and valuing antiques, collectibles and fine art. Find information on tens of thousands of items, updated daily.
- New York Times – The complete text of recent articles is provided back to 1999.
- New York Times (Historic) -- The entire run of the paper, dating back to the first issue in 1851, is available through the Historical New York Times.
- Learning Express – Provides a completely interactive online learning platform of practice tests and tutorial course series designed to help you succeed on academic or licensing tests. You'll get immediate scoring, complete answer explanations, and an individualized analysis of your results. Tests include SAT, GED, and numerous others.
- Westlaw – Provides instant access to statutes, cases, news, business information, public records, forms, and much more. Much of the information is oriented to New Jersey law. Available only at the Main Library.