Winter Safety Tips
When winter temperatures drop significantly below normal, staying warm and safe can become a challenge. Taking preventive action is your best defense against having to deal with extreme cold-weather conditions. Serious health problems can result from prolonged exposure to the cold. The most common cold-related problems are hypothermia and frostbite. We have collected the resources on this page to help individuals, families, neighborhoods and businesses prepare for and cope with the cold weather of our New Jersey winters.
- Wind Chill Brochure provides additional information about hypothermia and frostbite.
- Winter Storms and Extreme Cold (ready.gov)
- Staying Safe During a Storm (CDC)
Home Fire Prevention
- Outdoor Action Guide To Hypothermia And Cold Weather Injuries
- Outdoor Action Guide To Winter Camping